The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in both letter and report formats is essential. Good interpersonal skills are required, and experience in preparing repair schedules would be an advantage. Membership such as RICS, CIOB would be a distinct advantage.IT skills and a current driving licence are also essential.
We are looking for someone who will always be looking to do things better and with attention to detail. Being able to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and seeing things from their perspective, whilst balancing operational parameters and behaving ethically.
You should have a construction background with a solid building technical knowledge as well as knowledge of remedial techniques. Ideally you will hold a relevant technical qualification and have knowledge of potential causes of building defects, Building Regulations, construction techniques and Health and Safety.
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrable experience within Loss Adjustment, Warranty Surveying, Building Surveying, Quantity surveying or Building Inspection
- Knowledge of housing construction and NHBC Technical Standards
- Will have a strong understanding of NHBC Technical Requirements/Standards, Construction, Buildmark policies and regulatory requirements
- Professional Membership of MCIOB, RICS, CII, CILA or similar
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, you will be joining a rapidly growing, market leading business. With Best Company accreditation and silver Investors in People status, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Always happy to talk flexible working
We encourage employees to work flexibly in different ways including home working, field working and both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. We don’t promise we can offer you what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working. In the interview process we’ll discuss this more with you.
Salary / Benefits:
- £38,500 - £45,000 (depending on experience, location and including remote worker allowance).
- Up to 6% performance related bonus
- Company car
- 25 days pa annual leave with option to purchase one additional week per year.
- Pension scheme to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution).
- Equalised Paternity, Maternity and Adoption Leave.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Subsidised private medical insurance.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
Diversity and Inclusion
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team. Underlying our overall commitment to equality is the fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected - Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human - Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive - Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together.