Building Control Surveyor
£40,000 – £55,000 + Car Allowance
This is a home-based role and will require travelling around the Kent area
Full membership MCABE, MRICS, MCIOB, MCICOW would be ideal however candidates who are on route to becoming chartered will also be considered as my fantastic client will support you in achieving this.
A recognised Approved company providing building control for all types of commercial and domestic projects. Our client handle everything from initial notice, plan checking and site inspections through to final certificate.
To provide building control surveying / site inspections on a variety of developments to check for compliance with Building Regulations and associated legislation.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting buildings being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in accordance with Building Regulations.
- Effectively self-manage, by forward-planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisations: MRICS / MCABE or similar in the appropriate discipline of Building Control.
- 5 years relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspections and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Basic understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create good working relationships with other construction professionals
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of a site surveying role, including (but not limited to) the ability to:
- move around a site
- climb ladders
- work at heights
- drive reasonable distances
- Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website www.atsrecruitment.co.uk for our latest roles and news.