Building Control Surveyor
Salary: £45-55k (negotiable - depending on experience)
Our client Assent has become one of the forefront Building Control bodies in the country and has developed a reputation and service second to none. Building regulation compliance is integral to a project from inception to completion. They serve a wide range of clients in varied industries including commercial, education, industrial, retail, leisure and residential and are constantly striving to be the best and continue to evolve in a sustainable way based on careful recruitment and retention. With that in mind, they are now recruiting Building Control Surveyors throughout the UK in order to assist with their continued growth plans.
The purpose of this role is as follows:
- Ensuring compliance with building regulations and associated standards of construction and/or conversion projects.
- Working with Agents, Architects and Site personnel to develop good customer relations and promote the objectives and services of the company.
- Responsibility for the day to day project management of multiple commercial and domestic projects.
The outline of your role as a Building Control Surveyor comprises:
- An advocate for the Assent brand to represent the business in a professional manner.
- Managing relationships with key clients to promote business development and seek feedback to monitor and improve service
- Assessing Building regulation applications.
- Evaluate each project and provide the client with a fee quote.
- Taking responsibility for specific portfolio of projects. Co-ordinating, planning to optimise resources for inspection visits to sites.
- Providing technical advice and guidance on to clients and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Recording and maintaining accurate inspection records, reporting results of inspections to clients and their representatives.
- Liaising with technical staff to effectively identify and manage risk.
Profile Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Corporate membership of an appropriate recognised professional body, ideally the Chartered Institute of Building Engineers (CABE) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Previous experience in a senior role in a Building Control Environment.
- Will be able to work with the minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures and be able to make pragmatic and value driven decisions..
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and able to prepare detailed reports.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send in your application (including a full copy of your CV) to Untapped Potential by clicking APPLY NOW.