PRP is an interdisciplinary design-led practice providing architectural, master planning, urban design, sustainability, landscape and project management services. With over 55 years’ experience and more than 100 awards, we have an exemplary track record in the design and delivery of homes and places of varying scale, complexity and diversity.
We are looking for a Site Inspector with a strong background in fire safety / building regulations to join our Development Consultancy team, based at our London studio.
PRP’s Development Consultancy team has a thriving pipeline of work assisting clients in building and façade investigations, EWS1 forms, Fire Risk Assessment (FRAs), developing Safety Cases and the Digital Record, proposed by the Fire Safety and Building Safety Bills. This involves existing stock portfolios and new build projects.
Ideal candidates will have tall residential building experience, with expertise / experience of inspecting fire safety measures in new build and construction projects and of working to high quality construction standards. Strong technical knowledge is key, rather than focusing on finishing. A high level of technical understanding of building regulations, NHBC standards, high rise construction, façades and combustible materials is necessary.
Qualification & Memberships:
• Qualified to NVQ Level 6 Site Inspection, HNC, HND or a construction-related degree
• Membership to one of the following: RICS / CIOB / CABE / MIFireE / ICWCI
• Registered on a recognised Fire Risk Assessors register (desirable)
• Current Site Visitor CSCS card
Skills and knowledge:
• Detailed knowledge of residential construction.
• Sound understanding of construction drawings.
• Strong Building Regulations knowledge and expertise.
• Technical knowledge of construction detailing on residential high-rise buildings with particular focus on:
• Previous experience inspecting passive fire protection detailing both internal and external, with particular experience of fire collars, fire stopping and cavity barriers (desirable).
• A good number of years’ experience carrying out a similar role on residential construction projects, plus experience of High Risk Residential Buildings (HRRBs) and their facades.
• Assertive and methodical, demonstrating attention to detail and good report-writing skills.
• Effective communicator. • Strong time management skills.
We are also recruiting an Assistant Site Inspector to support the team with carrying out façade and internal investigations, and regular inspections of construction projects, which will then be followed up with the preparation of written reports and photographs using agreed templates. This is an excellent opportunity for newly-qualified and less experienced candidates who are looking to grow their career within our specialised team.
Salary and benefits are very competitiv
To apply please send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using reference PRPLON_SI (Site Inspector) or PRPLON_ASI (Assistant Site Inspector).
PRP is an equal opportunities employer.