To provide technical advice, guidance and expertise across CABE, to staff in all departments, supporting CABE members and the technical input to membership queries and the professional development of CABE members. Alongside the Professional Development Director and Technical Director input into the development of measures to support the technical competence of CABE members.
- Maintain and inform the Association and its members of developments in legislation, good practice and construction technology
- Ensure CABE is planning effectively to deal with changes in technical legal frameworks
- Contribute to development of Specialist Technical Sections
- Lead on CABE engagement with technical functions in other professional and trade bodies to improve collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Monitor and make CABE members aware of updates and changes to existing or new national or international technical standards and provide information on potential implications across devolved nations
- Research, develop and draft Professional Information Notes (PINS) and Technical Information Notes (TINS) on key issues relevant to professional and technical competence
- Respond to technical queries as and when necessary to support all areas of the CABE teams and CABE members.
- Curate content aligned to the CABE 2022 Competence Frameworks to support members Professional Development and CPD requirements.
- Establish and manage CABE Expert Panel.
- Develop and present CPD webinars on technical issues
- Identify technical persons / organisations able to contribute to CABE CPD programmes and CABE Annual conference
- Provide briefings for the CABE team, our members, for the journal and articles on technical context in the construction industry
- Support the identification of experts in relation to disciplinary hearings as and when required
- Support Building Engineer and Building Engineer on-line in reviewing articles for technical accuracy and bias.
- Support comms team by flagging links to newsworthy stories, information and providing content relating to association events and news
- Support where required the digital implementation of the Competence Management System (CMS) and its maintenance
- Input technical expertise on presentations for key themes alongside the Technical Director or other CABE representatives including president, CEO and other senior CABE staff.
- Attend, host or compere events, deliver presentations, deliver webinars and speak at events
- Able to instigate a proactive and positive working environment
- Excellent team player, able to work with all members of staff regardless of role and responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- IT fluency and attention to detail
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to adapt in a constructive manner to a changing environment
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Willing to share knowledge, skills and ideas across the organisation
- Values the contribution of all staff members
- Understands the requirements of adherence to Codes of Conduct
- Excellent presentation skills
- Education at least level 6 in a Built Environment discipline
- > 5 years’ experience in an operational role within the Built Environment
- Proven experience in delivering technical information/regulations to an internal /external audience
- Ability to engage stakeholders and built strong influential relationships
- Expertise of a technical discipline within the construction industry
- Detailed knowledge of current industry events and implication on the sector