Office/Field Based (working across the East Midlands, East of England, London, North East England, North West England, South East England, South West England, West Midlands, Yorkshire or the Humber)
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
- Salary of £40,788 - £46,783 per annum
- 25 days’ annual holiday, increasing to 30 days after five years' service, plus bank holidays and one day Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Parental leave benefits
- Family friendly policies and working hours
- Career friendly policies
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- Excess Fares Allowance
We are now looking for a Multi-Disciplinary Team Lead to join our Building Safety Regulation team on a permanent, full-time basis.
This is a unique opportunity for a property management, risk management or compliance assessment professional to advance their career and play a vital role in building safety with HSE.
You’ll have the chance to make a difference to the safety of buildings across your region, ensuring safe, efficient and durable construction standards are the norm throughout the UK.
What’s more, you’ll be stepping into a team leadership role where you will be able to take on increased responsibility and pass your expertise on to others all while being supported by our exceptional culture and comprehensive benefits package.
As a Multi-Disciplinary Team Lead, you will lead a team to keep high-risk residential buildings safe for their inhabitants throughout your local region.
You will manage a multi-disciplinary team of regulated partners (such as structural safety and fire and rescue services), ensuring regulatory compliance across our Building Control and In Occupation functions.
Taking charge of a portfolio of applications, you will ensure that appropriate technical and specialist information has been utilised in each decision, and take appropriate enforcement action, where necessary.
As the decision maker for your portfolio, you will review all assessments and recommendations whilst acting as an effective team leader.
To be considered as a Multi-Disciplinary Team Lead, you will need:
- Practical experience in one of the following: risk management, compliance assessments, or property management
- Experience of assessing multiple sources of information, data and evidence to determine legal compliance and determining appropriate actions
- Experience establishing professional relationships with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to write clear, evidence-based reports
- Great communication skills
- At a minimum, a Level 5 qualification in any subject
The closing date for this role is Midday on the 8th December 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Buildings Inspection Lead, Building Inspector, or Residential Building Safety Officer.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a role as a Multi-Disciplinary Team Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.