Benefits of working for us include:
- annual leave allowance that increases with service
- Employee Assistance Programme, including access to funded counselling sessions and health and wellbeing, legal and financial advice for both staff and their dependants
- corporate memberships schemes
- a culture that supports and encourages flexible working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- staff recognition and service awards
- learning and development funding and opportunities
- town centre location within walking distance of transport links, local shops, entertainment facilities, and seafront
We're an equal opportunities employer
We aim to set an example of a diverse workforce and are committed to employing disabled people.
We work to promote equality in the way we serve or employ people, making sure no one suffers disadvantages because of their age, disability, gender identity, pregnancy or maternity status, race, relationship status, religion or beliefs, sex or sexual orientation, or social or economic status.
We will take all appropriate and reasonable steps to remove barriers and obstacles to equal opportunities for gaining employment with the Council and for progressing in the Council's employment at all levels.
Employing disabled people
We encourage job applications from disabled people
As an accredited user of the disability confident symbol we are committed to:
- ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- always offering an interview to a disabled person if they meet the minimum criteria for the job
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- offering work experience